Care Coordinator – Adult Health Homes
Care Coordinator – Adult Health Homes Care Coordination Program – 15th Street
Care Coordinators will assist in coordinating direct services for adults with mental illness, chronic medical conditions, HIV/AIDS, substance abuse and homelessness within Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx working within the Health Home system. This position requires skills to foster client engagement through phone outreach and face to face contacts in the field using public transportation to locate and engage clients in the community and connect them to needed services.
- Display professional skills to coordinate and maintain contact with all service providers and support systems including but not limited to psychiatrists, therapists, state and local hospitals, community residences, court systems, family members, primary care providers, MICA programs, and educational/vocational service providers.
- Identifying recipient’s strengths and limitations by assessing the level of motivation, capacity, and available resources to develop a service plan that is unique to each individual.
- Advocate and monitor for appropriate service delivery, including helping individuals make and keep appointments, escorting individuals to appointments as necessary, and assisting recipients in arranging needed mental and physical health and psychiatric rehabilitation services while adhering to the client’s rights.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- 1-3 years’ experience in social services.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume:
Attn: Human Resources
E-mail: [email protected]rfi.org