Care Coordinator – Children’s Health Homes Care Coordination Program
Care Coordinator – Children’s Health Homes Care Coordination Program - 28 Debevoise Street, 5th Floor
Children’s Care Coordinators provide care coordination services to severely emotionally disturbed children and adolescents between 5 to 18 years of age, who have an Axis I diagnosis or two chronic conditions and reside in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Bronx and Queens.
The program provides in-home services including, but not limited to, intervention and educational/vocational advocacy. Care Coordinators respond to crisis by advocacy, referrals and medication monitoring. Care Coordinators assist children and adolescents obtain entitlements and benefits as well as assist the youth and family in obtaining appropriate medical and mental health services required to enhance his/her quality of life in the community.
- Identifying recipient’s strengths and limitations by assessing the level of motivation, capacity, and available resources to develop a service plan that is unique to each individual.
- Clearly informs clients of goals, configuration, and function of the program.
- Coordination and monitoring of all services of each case on caseload: maintain contact with service providers, including telephone contacts, joint planning meetings and coordination of treatment plans.
- Home visits and field visits to provide counseling, crisis intervention, case management, referral and advocacy services, coordination of services, and assistance with basic needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
1-3 years’ experience in social services
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume:
Attn: Human Resources
E-mail: [email protected]